Choice of product
- Choose a product according to its surroundings and degree of gloss. Matt conveys a feeling of tranquility and harmony, while gloss appears dynamic and makes colours glow.
- Paneeli-Ässä Titan (Panel Ace Titan) is ideal for new, light-coloured wood surfaces that should remain light as long as possible.
- The air, surface to be treated, and paint or lacquer temperature must all be at least +5°C. For Kiva Furniture Lacquer, the temperature must be at least +10°C, and for Feelings Furniture Paint at least +8°C. Relative humidity must be below 80%.
- Wood moisture content must be under 16%.
NB! Adequate humidity makes it easy to apply water-borne products, but prolongs their drying time.
- Always read the instructions on the product label before use.
- Always remove wallpaper before application, and paint the wall as if it were an previously painted surface.
- Choose an undercoat and topcoat of the same colour.
- Undercoat any new panels before fitting them. Ensure that the undercoat is dry.
- Paint the panel tongues and grooves sparingly, so that the paint dries thoroughly.
- When treating wood surfaces with semi-transparent finishes, the final colour of the wood depends on its species, hardness, and original colour, and the number of times it has been treated. Make a small test application first to ensure the final colour!
- For an even finish, always apply semi-transparent finishes in continuous strokes parallel to the grain.
- Stir products thoroughly both before and during application.
- If you are painting an entire room, begin with the ceiling and then paint the walls.
- Dry indoor air can cause water-borne paints to dry too quickly during painting.
- If you continue painting the following day, put the paint roller or brush in a plastic bag and seal tightly overnight.
- After painting, increase the air temperature and reduce the humidity to allow the paint to dry.
- Ensure adequate ventilation.
- Let the paint dry properly. For paints and lacquers, surface dry is not sufficient. Depending on the product and coat thickness, final drying may take anything from a few days and two weeks, after which the surfaces can withstand washing and general wear and tear.
- If there is any paint or lacquer left over, put the lid carefully back on the can to form a tight fit. Turn the can upside down for a moment to make the lid airtight. Opened and/or tinted products cannot withstand prolonged storage.
- Take liquid paint waste to a hazardous waste collection point. Empty or dry cans can be taken to a recycling point or to a public waste disposal site.