- The air, surface to be treated, and paint or lacquer temperature must all be at least +5°C. For Kiva Furniture Lacquer, the temperature must be at least +10°C, and for Feelings Furniture Paint at least +8°C. Relative air humidity must be below 80%.
- Wood moisture content must be under 16%.
NB! Adequate humidity makes it easy to apply water-borne products, but prolongs their drying time.
- Always read the instructions on the product label before use
- Choose an undercoat and topcoat of the same colour.
- Undercoat any new panels before fitting them. Ensure that the undercoat is dry.
- Paint the panel tongues and grooves sparingly, so that the paint dries thoroughly.
- When treating wood surfaces with semi-transparent finishes, the final colour of the wood depends on its species, hardness, and original colour, and the number of times it has been treated. Make a small test application first to ensure the final colour!
- For an even finish, always apply semi-transparent finishes in continuous strokes parallel to the grain.