Choice of product
- Remember that wood fillers absorb tinted lacquers and oils in a different way than the surrounding surfaces. This may result in the final colour being uneven.
- Parketti-Ässä (Parquet Ace) products are not suitable for diamond pine, smoked oak, or stabilized brown beech surfaces.
- Betolux Akva is suitable for interior wood and concrete floors, eg. in a dwelling, cellar or storage facilities.
- Check the condition of the floor surface and carry out any necessary structural repairs.
- The air, surface to be treated, and product temperature must all be at least +5°C; Betolux Akva over +10°C; Parketti-Ässä (Parquet Ace) undercoat and topcoats must be at least +15°C, and Parketti-Ässä Petsi (Parquet Ace Stain) at least +15-20°C. Relative humidity must be below 80%, or below 70% with Unica Super Lacquer semi-matt.
- Wood moisture content must be under 16%.
- Concrete surfaces must be dry and at least four weeks old. The relative humidity of the concrete must be below 97%, and percentage by weight 4%. To measure moisture content, tape 1 sq metre of plastic firmly to the floor. If moisture has gathered under the plastic after 24 hours, the concrete is not yet dry enough to be treated.
- Always read the instructions on the product label before use.
- When treating wood surfaces with semi-transparent finishes, the final colour of the wood depends on its species, hardness, and original colour, and the number of times it has been treated. Make a small test application first to ensure the final colour!
- For an even finish, always apply semi-transparent finishes in continuous strokes parallel to the grain.
- Stir products thoroughly both before and during application.
- Avoid painting the floor with thick coats, since these dry very slowly and wrinkle as they dry.
- If you continue painting the following day, put the paint roller or brush in a plastic bag and seal tightly overnight. Clean tools used with 2-component products immediately after use as instructed.
- Let the
paint dry properly. For paints and lacquers, surface dry is not sufficient.
Depending on the product and coat thickness, final drying may take anything
from a few days and two weeks.
- If there is any paint or lacquer left over, put the lid carefully back on the can to form a tight fit. Turn the can upside down for a moment to make the lid airtight. Opened and/or tinted products cannot withstand prolonged storage.
- Take liquid paint waste to a hazardous waste collection point. Empty or dry cans can be taken to a recycling point or to a public waste disposal site.