Choice of product
- Choose the right product depending on use and wear and tear.
- The air, surface to be treated, and paint or lacquer temperature must all be at least +5°C. For Kiva Furniture Lacquer, the temperature must be at least +10°C, and for Feelings Furniture Paint at least +8°C. Relative humidity must be below 80%.
- Always read the instructions on the product label before use.
- Choose an undercoat and topcoat of the same colour.
- When treating wood surfaces with semi-transparent finishes, the final colour of the wood depends on its species, hardness, and original colour, and the number of times it has been treated. Make a small test application first to ensure the final colour!
- For an even finish, always apply semi-transparent finishes in continuous strokes parallel to the grain.
- Stir products thoroughly both before and during application. After stirring, allow Empire and Miranol to gel again before application.
- If you continue painting the following day, put the paint roller or brush in a plastic bag and seal tightly overnight.
- Ensure adequate ventilation.
- Let the paint dry properly. For paints and lacquers, surface dry is not sufficient. Depending on the product and coat thickness, final drying may take anything from a few days to four weeks.
- If there is any paint or lacquer left over, put the lid carefully back on the can to form a tight fit. Turn the can upside down for a moment to make the lid airtight. Opened and/or tinted products cannot withstand prolonged storage.
- Take liquid paint waste to a hazardous waste collection point. Empty or dry cans can be taken to a recycling point or to a public waste disposal site.