Valtti Wood Oils - Enhance the natural elegance of wood
Protect and renew your garden and terrace furniture and other wooden structures – terraces, steps and jetties – with Valtti Wood Oils.
They protect wood against moisture and dirt, and help reduce surface cracking and discolouration.
Valtti Non-Slip improves grip on wet surfaces after rain for example, and is ideally suitable for terraces, steps, and jetties.
Just follow these simple instructions:
- Wash down the old, darkened wooden surface with Tikkurila Homeenpoisto (Mould Removal) or Tehopesu (Power Cleaner) solution as instructed on the label, and allow to dry.
- Sand down any wooden fibres sticking up from the surface and carefully remove all dust and residue.
- Stir the wood oil thoroughly before use and from time to time during application.
- When applying translucent finishes, the natural wood colour will always influence the final shade. Always apply to a test area first to avoid disappointment.
- Apply ONE coat of Valtti Puuöljy (Wood Oil), Valtti Puuöljy Akva (Wood Oil Akva) or Valtti Kaluste- ja Terassiöljy Ruskea, Harmaa ja Musta (Furniture& Decking Oil Brown, Grey and Black) with a brush or sponge.
Let the oil soak in and immediately wipe off any excess oil from the surface.
- Apply TWO thin coats of Valtti Non-Slip with a brush
- Check the condition of the oiled surfaces annually and maintain if necessary. Surfaces permanently exposed to weathering may need to be treated annually.
- We recommend tinting wood oils, as tinted oils are more weather resistant than colourless ones.
Rags or cotton waste and sanding dust soaked in wood oils may be selfinflammable and must be soaked in water before disposal, dried outdoors, or burnt immediately after use.
If you paint larger surfaces, such as terraces, do it one plank at a time to avoid joints.
How to maintain an oiled wood surface:
Outdoor surfaces attract all kinds of microbes: mould growth, moss, algae, pollen
and so on. You can maintain an intact oiled wooden surface in good condition by washing it clean of dirt with Tikkurila Huoltopesu (Maintenance Cleaner). If the wooden surface is old, worn and weathered, it will need maintenance treatment. Wash it with Tikkurila Tehopesu (Power Cleaner) or Homeenpoisto (Mould Removal),following the instructions on the label. At
the same time as the detergent destroys microbes, it also wears the surface and
removes any gloss, leaving a good, clean surface for maintenance treatment.
You can treat a previously oiled, cleaned surface with colourless or tinted Valtti Puuöljy (Wood Oil), Valtti Puuöljy Akva (Waterborne Wood Oil) or Valtti Kalusteöljy Ruskea (Furniture Oil Brown). Remember that with translucent products, the original colour of the substrate always affects the final colour. Apply to a test patch first to be sure.